Like the invention of the transitor in the 1950s, which made the modern hearing aid possible, every once in a while a new technology emerges that represents a real breakthrough in hearing aids. While Professional Hearing Services audiologists draw from a wide range of companies depending on what suits the needs of our patients best, Phonak has introduced a new, fully in the ear canal hearing aid that is unique in the marketplace. It is completely invisible and is designed to be worn for months at a time without any handling necessary. We think the new Lyric hearing aid is so significantly different, Professional Hearing Services has become the sole supplier of the new equipment in the Durham region. Our audiologist, Nav Balsara, has undergone the specific training and secured the necessary equipment to provide our clients with this breakthrough technology.
Features of the Lyric:
Lyric is placed entirely inside the ear canal by a Lyric trained hearing care professional. Thanks to its unique placement, Lyric remains completely invisible from the outside and allows people to enjoy their hearing again. And no matter how close someone gets, Lyric remains invisible.
Lyric is placed close to the eardrum and takes advantage of the ear’s natural anatomy to minimize background noise and to deliver natural sound quality. What’s more, wearing Lyric is so effortless you just might forget you are wearing a hearing aid - there are no batteries to change, no maintenance is needed and no daily insertion or removal is required.
Lyric is worn 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for months at a time. It can be worn during all daily activities - such as showering, talking on the phone, exercising, using headphones and even at night while sleeping.
The overall concept of Lyric has already proven extremely successful and prompted a great deal of interest and high demand, as experience in the USA has shown. Lyric has been sold there with great success for more than two years. Hundreds of hearing care professionals have already become authorized Lyric partners and thousands of clients are already in the second or third year of their subscriptions.
What are people saying about Lyric?
Lyric at a glance.
With Lyric, Phonak is enhancing its product range with a completely new product category: the first hearing aid in the world that is totally invisible from the outside and can be worn 24/7 for several months at a time. The overall concept that comes with this has already proved extremely successful and prompted a great deal of interest and high demand, as experience in the USA has shown. Lyric has been sold there with great success for over two years. Hundreds of hearing care professionals have already become authorized Lyric partners and thousands of clients are already in the second or third year of their subscriptions.
Lyric offers a whole new approach to good hearing:
- Completely invisible hearing aid that can be worn 24/7 for months at a time.
- Top-class sound quality thanks to optimal positioning close to the eardrum.
- Can be worn for up to four months without interruption, thanks to its specifically developed battery technology.
- Extremely compact 16 mm long.
- Available in various sizes.
- Optimal fit in the ear canal and excellent wearing comfort due to biocompatible soft foam seals.
- SoundLync remote control included for switching on and off and for adjusting the volume.
- Specially developed protection against moisture and wax.
- You can remove Lyric yourself at any time if necessary.
- Lyric is replaced with a new device by a hearing care professional.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting new technology, contact us at Professional Hearing Services for more information. Lyric may just be the hearing aid solution you've been looking for but never dreamed possible!
- Consultations and hearing tests with Registered Audiologists
- Hearing Aids and Assistive Listening Devices
- Prescriptions, Ear Plugs, and Repairs
- Free cleaning and hearing aid checks
- Central Auditory Processing for children aged 5 and up
- ADP, DVA, WSIB, and insurance coverage accepted